Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- ½ (13.25 ounce) box whole grain penne pasta
- 1 (15-ounce) can of cannellini beans, rinsed well to rid of added sodium
- 2 cups kale, rinsed and roughly chopped
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in water as instructed on the box. Drain water and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat oil over low heat. Add garlic and chili pepper flakes. Cook for about a minute until fragrant.
- Add onions and cook until tender.
- Add kale, beans and red wine vinegar. Increase heat to medium and cook down until kale is just about wilted.
- Add cook pasta to the pan. Mix all ingredients together well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add parmesan cheese and serve!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 362 Calories, 5.5 g Fat (<1 g Sat), 1 mg Cholesterol, 49 mg Sodium, 65 g Carbohydrate, 11.5 g Fiber, 1g g Protein