Makes: 3 servings (2 slices each)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 large grapefruits
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light butter, unsalted and softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier liqueur
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Use a knife to remove the stem ends off each grapefruit. Stand each on the sliced end and proceed to safely remove the rind and white pith. Cut each fruit into 3 to 4 even slices. Set aside.
- Mix softened butter and Grand Marnier in a small bowl.
- Top each grapefruit slice with a small amount of butter mixture and sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar.
- In a baking dish, broil for 6 to 8 minutes or until the tops are browned.
- Serve plain or with vanilla ice cream/frozen yogurt!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 108 Calories, 3.8 g Fat (2.5 g Sat), 10 mg Cholesterol, 28 mg Sodium, 17 g Carbohydrate, 1.5 g Fiber, 0 g Protein
Recipe adapted from Eating Well