We’ve all been guilty of the on-again, off-again commitment to an exercise program… Though our body has a way of telling us when it needs a tune-up, fitness experts say it’s much easier to stick to when its part of your daily routine.
Just a 30-minute program five times a week (or a 60-minute workout at least three times a week) is enough to improve your overall health and well-being.
Remember that staying physically active is a major factor in disease prevention! Exercise also works to build strength, enhance endurance and improve balance.
On my laziest days, exercise helps boost my energy; on my busiest days, it provides the best kind of stress relief… What motivates you to hit the gym?
Even the biggest fitness nuts need motivation from time to time. Here are some ways they recommend to stay focused on achieving your fitness goals:
- Set small, measurable goals
- Schedule an exercise time that works for you
- Be consistent
- Exercise with a friend
- Avoid negative self-talk and stay inspired!
For your own safety, always be sure to stretch and include a light warm-up and cool-down period before and after your exercise. Eat a high-protein and nutritious snack afterwards for muscle growth and tissue repair!
Blueberry Tea Smoothie
Makes: 2 Servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 (6-ounce) container nonfat Greek yogurt, plain or vanilla
- ¾ cup cold tea (preferably unsweetened green or white tea)
- ¾ cup blueberries, frozen, unsweetened
- ½ cup ice cubes
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- Allow blueberries to defrost for about 15-20 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients well and serve!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 136 Calories, 0 g Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 35 mg Sodium, 26 g Carbohydrate, 1.5 g Fiber, 6.5 g Protein
Article originally published on the Pathmark Live Better Blog