Makes: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 1 pound seafood medley (clams, mussels, shrimp, octopus)
- 2 ½ cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ pounds red potatoes, cooked and quartered
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 (12-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 large, ripe beefsteak tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large pot, cook two tablespoons of oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, onions, fennel, garlic and shallots over low heat until onions are translucent or for about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, white wine, basil, chili pepper flakes, and lemon juice. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes, seafood medley and salmon fillets. Cover and continue to simmer for 10 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 361 Calories, 7 g Fat (1 g Sat), 163 mg Cholesterol, 316 mg Sodium, 39 g Carbohydrate, 6 g Fiber, 33 g Protein
Recipe adapted by Giada De Laurentiis Cioppino recipe on FoodNetwork.com