Makes: 2 cups (or about 8, ¼ cup servings)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- ½ cup apple, diced
- ¼ cup red pepper, diced
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 clementines, peeled, halved horizontally and segmented
- 1 whole Chile pepper, dried, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon fresh ginger, shaved
- 1 tablespoon curry
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 ounces golden raisins
- In a medium sauté pan, toast the Chile pepper in the olive oil over low heat.
- Add the onions and cook over low heat until translucent.
- Add the red pepper, apple and ginger. Increase heat slightly to create a slow simmer. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the clementines. (You may want to squeeze some of the clementine juice into the mixture to added citrus flavor.) Cook for about a minute until the mixture takes on the citrusy aroma.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Gently stir periodically. Continue to simmer for about 30 minutes or until the chutney thickens. Add more cinnamon, chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste if you choose.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 61 Calories, 2 g Fat (<1 g Sat), 1.5 mg Sodium, 10.5 g Carbohydrate, 1.5 g Fiber, 0.5 g Protein