Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 pounds string beans, trimmed and washed
- ¼ cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 2½ tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- In a small bowl, mix the syrup, mustard and soy sauce.
- In a large pan, heat sesame oil and garlic over medium heat. Add the string beans. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mixture of syrup, mustard and soy sauce. Continue to cook, stirring frequently for another 5-10 minutes or until the string beans are cooked to your desired texture (If you’re looking for a snap when you bite into your string beans, cook for less time).
- About a minute before the string beans are done cooking, add in about a teaspoon of sesame seeds. Toss.
- Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 129 Calories, 4 g Fat (<1 g Sat), 290 mg Sodium, 20 g Carbohydrate, 8 g Fiber, 8.5 g Protein, 2.5 g Sugar Alcohol