Kale & Onion Quesadillas
Makes: 4 quesadillas
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup kale, roughly chopped
- 2 whole wheat tortilla wraps
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese, mexican blend
- 1/4 cup onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon light butter spread
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft.
- Add minced garlic and kale into the skillet. Toss consistently. Cook down for about 3 minutes or until greens begin to wilt. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lightly butter one side of each tortilla. Lay one tortilla butter-side down on a plate. Layer cheese, onions, and kale. Drizzle hot sauce onto filling. Place the second tortilla (butter-side up) on top.
- Cook the quesadilla on a medium-sized grill pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, flipping once.*
*Tip: Use a large spatula to help you flip the quesadilla easily and neatly!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (Two quesadillas): 192 Calories, 7 g Fat (2.5 g Sat Fat), 296 mg Sodium, 27 g Carbohydrate, 4 g Fiber, 8.5 g Protein