Makes: 3 Servings
Prep Time: <5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound salmon fillet (with or without skin)
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tablespoon dried basil leaves
- ½ tablespoon butter, salted
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 whole beets, leaves and stems removed, peeled*
- 2 ½ tablespoons horseradish
- ½ lemon squeezed
- ½ tablespoon honey
- dash of course ground black pepper
*If using whole beets with greens and all, make use and sauté the greens in some white wine for a delicious side!
- In a medium-sized pot, cook garlic and butter over medium-high heat. Add white wine and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat.
- Add fish to the pot and season with dried basil. (Note: Liquid should come hallway up fish. Add more water or wine if necessary)
- Continuously spoon liquid over the top of the fillet. Cook for about 5 minutes or until done. Add pepper to taste.
- In a food processor, puree beets, horseradish, lemon and honey and blend well. Serve a dollop on top of the poached salmon.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 375 Calories, 18 g Fat (3 g Sat), 94 mg Cholesterol, 176 mg Sodium, 10.5 g Carbohydrate, 1.5 g Fiber, 32 g Protein