Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: <5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
- 1 package of romaine hearts (3 hearts per package)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, coarse ground
Optional: Seasoned croutons
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Halve each romaine heart lengthwise. Brush both sides lightly with olive oil.
- Place on the grill and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, flipping carefully once.
- Remove from grill. Top with shaved parmesan cheese and black pepper. (I recommend serving with a creamy Caesar or peppercorn dressing).
Nutrition Facts: 55 Calories, 3.5 g Fat (1 g Sat), 2.5 mg Cholesterol, 57 mg Sodium, 3 g Carbohydrate, 1 g Fiber, 2.3 g Protein