Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound cod, halibut or tilapia fillets, cut into 3/4-inch thick strips
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup plain, nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 2 tablespoons Smart Balance light butter spread
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup chives, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place potatoes (skin on for added fiber) in a medium pot. Fill with enough water to cover the potatoes. Boil for 15-20 minutes.
- In one dish, pour your seasoned breadcrumbs; in another, combine the yogurt and lemon juice. Coat each strip of fish with yogurt, followed by breadcrumbs, then place onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake until cooked through or for about 10 minutes, turning once.
- Once your potatoes are soft, drain water from the pot and return to medium heat. Add milk, butter and garlic. Mash until soft or at desired texture. Stir in chives just before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 427 Calories, 5 g Fat (<1 g Sat), 25 mg Cholesterol, 297 mg Sodium, 49 g Carbohydrate, 5 g Fiber, 21 g Protein