Makes: 3 Servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 large whole-wheat tortilla wraps
- 1 dozen egg whites (about 2 cups egg beaters)
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro leaves
- dash of salt
Optional: ¼ cup shredded cheese, 2 Tablespoons hot sauce, ¼ cup salsa
- Preheat a toaster oven to broil. Toast whole-wheat tortillas on lightly greased foil for about two to three minutes.
- Place a small frying pan over medium heat. Grease lightly with cooking spray.
- Add the onions, peppers and spinach to the pan, sautéing for a few minutes (or until they begin to cook down).
- Add eggs to the pan. Scramble or cook into an omelet.
- Assemble eggs onto the toasted tortilla. Top with chimichurri dressing and garnish your burrito as desired!
- Wrap into a burrito, folding the ends in first.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 245.5 Calories, 1 g Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 405 mg Sodium, 45 g Carbohydrate, 6.5 g Fiber, 11.5 g Protein