Makes: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked whole grain, wild rice
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, grated
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh basil, roughly chopped
- ½ tablespoon light butter
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine two cups of water, wild rice, butter, ginger and sea salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Cook over low heat for 40 minutes (or until water is absorbed), stirring occasionally.
- Add fresh basil and stir.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 35 Calories, <1 g Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 408 mg Sodium, 7 g Carbohydrate, <1 g Fiber, 1 g Protein