Makes: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 6 eggs, cooked over easy
- 6 small tortillas
- 5 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can of whole green chiles, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat olive oil a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add onions and salt. Cook until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and garlic powder to the onions. Simmer on low until the tomatoes soften and thicken (about 15 minutes).
- Stir in chiles, cumin, cayenne pepper and chili powder. Continue to cook for another five minutes.
- Grill tortillas for a few minutes on each side in a lightly greased grill pan.
- Heat refried beans in a separate pan or in the microwave.
- Top each grilled tortillas with refried beans, tomato salsa, and a cooked egg. Serve!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 289 Calories, 12 g Fat, (3.5 g Sat), 212 mg Cholesterol, 582 mg Sodium, 32 g Carbohydrate, 12 g Protein, 5 g Fiber