Makes: 10 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 10 cups quinoa, cooked (make 5 cups, uncooked to yield this amount)
- 4 cups mixed vegetables, sliced evenly
- 1 (6 oz) can Del Monte tomato paste*
- 1 cup chicken broth, 99% fat free, reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- a dash of black pepper
*Note: some tomato pastes do contain gluten! Be sure to check the ingredients.
- Stir tomato paste, chicken broth, Worcestershire, ginger, pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl to make “soy” sauce. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan with a small amount of oil.
- Add vegetables to the pan. Stir consistently until they begin to soften.
- Add cooked chicken and “soy” sauce to the pan and stir.
- Remove the pan from heat and allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Serve on top of cooked quinoa or in iceberg lettuce leaves to make lettuce wraps!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 350 Calories, 18 g Protein, 32 g Carbohydrate, 16 g Fat, 3g Saturated Fat, 4.5 g Fiber, 3.7 g Sugar, 40 mg Cholesterol, 670 mg Sodium