Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed thoroughly and dried
- ¼ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups spinach or mixed greens
- 1½ cups arugula
- ¾ cup fennel, shaved
- 2-3 tangelos, zested and segmented
- ½ cup mint, roughly chopped
- ½ tablespoon pecorino romano, grated
CREAMY CITRUS DRESSING
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons low fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon tangelo zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F (Make sure chickpeas have dried almost completely before proceeding to the next step).
- In a bowl, mix spices and extra-virgin olive oil with the chickpeas. Coat thoroughly.
- Place chickpeas in a baking dish. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove dish and shake chickpeas as to prevent sticking. Place back in the oven and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together all ingredients for the Creamy Citrus dressing. Set aside.
- Assemble salad ingredients in a large serving bowl. Top with roasted chickpeas and lightly dress with Creamy Citrus dressing.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 211 calories, 4 g Fat, 8 g Protein, 34 g Carbohydrate, 9 g Dietary Fiber, 444 mg Sodium, 1 mg Cholesterol