Makes: 10 sliders
Prep Time: 1 day for marinade
Cook Time: Approximately 4-6 hours
1, 2-pound beef brisket, lean cut, trimmed to ¼” fat
10 enriched slider rolls
½ cup margarine
½ cup fresh parsley, minced
¼ tablespoon kosher salt
½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onions, diced
1 tablespoons chili powder
½ tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
12 ounces beer, preferably lager
½ cup cider vinegar
¼ cup whole-grain mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1, 6-ounce can tomato paste
1. In a bowl, stir soft margarine and parsley together. Smother brisket with herb butter. Place in a baking dish, cover and refrigerate over night.
2. Prepare to cook brisket by heating oil in a large Crock-pot over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and very soft, about 20 minutes.
3. Increase heat to high. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add beer, vinegar, mustard, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and honey; bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened, 10 minutes. Add the beef, spooning sauce over it. Cover the pan and cook for at least four hours.
5. Continue to cook until beef is tender or at desired texture. Remove the brisket. Pull the beef apart into long shreds using two forks.
6. Serve on a whole-wheat slider, top with vegetable and apple slaw, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 450 Calories, 30 g Protein, 22 g Fat (5.6 Sat), 30 g Carbohydrate, 2 g Fiber, 510 mg Sodium, 79 mg Cholesterol
Recipe Adapted from Eatingwell.com: Pulled Pork Recipe