Makes: 10 pancakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups quick oats, dry
- 2 cup water
- 6 tablespoons egg white beaters (or about a dozen egg whites)**
- 6 tablespoons all-natural honey
- ¼ cup fruit, dried, frozen or fresh
**For added calories and protein, you can use egg yolks, but will only need about a half dozen eggs total.
- Lightly grease a griddle or large grill pan and preheat to medium-hot temperature.
- Add oats, eggs, water and honey into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until the mixture is well blended and resembles a thick batter.
- Spoon the batter onto the griddle into three to four-inch wide pancakes. Leave about an inch in between.
- Allow each side to cook thoroughly before flipping the pancakes.
- Serve with yogurt and fresh fruit!
Nutrition Facts per Serving: 162 Calories, 5.4 grams Protein, 0.2 grams Fat, 12 grams Carbohydrates, 3 grams Fiber, 10 grams Sugar (0.5 grams refined), 0 grams Cholesterol