Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 cup Whole Grain Steel Cut Oats
- 1½ cup Mixed Berries, frozen
- 3 cups Skim Milk
- 1 cup orange juice, no pulp
- 2 tablespoon flaxseeds
- 1½ tablespoon ginger root, grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
Optional: ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
Optional: 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, add oats, milk, and juice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring frequently for 15 minutes.
- Add fruits, honey and grated ginger. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until porridge absorbs liquid and is thickened to desired consistency.
- Top porridge with flaxseeds and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 313 Calories, 14.7 g Fat (0.7 g Sat, 1.4 g Mono, 2.5 g Poly), 15 mg Cholesterol, 100 mg Sodium, 55 g Carbohydrate, 7 g Dietary Fiber