Spiced Chicken with Roasted Winter Vegetables
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large yam
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1 large parsnip
- 2 large carrots
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut yam, russets, carrot and parsnip evenly into 1-inch thick pieces. Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Sort vegetables and sliced shallot on a lightly greased baking sheet. Roast for 35 minutes.
- Halve each chicken breast and butterfly.
- Mix all spices in a bowl. Rub both sides of each breast with spice mixture. Cook each on a grill pan over medium heat for about three minutes on each side.
- Arrange breasts on a baking sheet. Place orange slices on the topside of each. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 350 Calories, 30 g Protein, 7 g Fat (1.4 Sat), 40 g Carbohydrates, 6 g Fiber, 1155 mg Potassium, 335 mg Sodium, 73 mg Cholesterol
Article & Recipe featured on A&P Nutrition Tip Blog