Three Bean Veggie Burgers
Makes: 10 patties
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, low-sodium, rinsed and drained
1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 (six ounce) can tomato paste, no salt
1 bunch green onions, sliced
½ tsp garlic powder
2 slices bread, gluten-free*
3 egg whites
1 whole egg
*Whole wheat bread will work. Firm bread is ideal.
- In a food processor, crumb the slices of bread with the garlic powder. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- Add black beans, cannellini beans, chickpeas and tomato paste to the food processor. Pulse until mixed, but still chunky.
- In a large bowl, add the bean-tomato mixture and green onions. Fold the eggs and breadcrumbs into the mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Place large meatball-sized onto the pan. Flatten lightly with your spatula. Arrange each patty about 2 inches apart in the pan.
- Allow each side to cook thoroughly before flipping. (About five to seven minutes each side)
Nutrition Facts per serving: 256 calories, 15.7 g Protein, 35 g Carbohydrate, 2.4 g Total Fat (0.25 g Saturated Fat), 13 g Fiber, 313 mg Sodium, 26 mg Cholesterol