Makes: 1 1/2 cups
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Serve on toast, with cottage cheese or on top of broiled tilapia!
- 1 lb beets, trimmed, boiled or 1 (15-ounce) can beets
- 1 naval orange
- ¾ cup natural honey
- Zest orange into a bowl and then remove the rind.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange into a food processor.
- Add beets and the juiced orange segments.
- Blend mixture until pureed.
- In a bowl, stir honey and orange zest into beet-orange puree.
Nutrition Facts: Serving size 1 Tablespoon, 33 calories, <0.5 g Protein, 0 g Fat, 8.6 g Carbohydrate, 0.7 g Fiber, 7 g Sugar, 14 mg Sodium, 73 mg Potassium, 8 mg Calcium, 5 mg Vitamin C